Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Almond choc chip cookies and the beginning of the quest for the perfect paleo cookie.



I have read so many damn blogs claiming to have the ultimate paleo cookie recipe recently. I'm not saying their recipes are wrong. I'm actually thankful for their posts. Cause it means I have a multitude of 'excuses' to try all of them. Once I accrue them all, I'm going to embark of some sort of spiritual-cookie pilgrimage to my umm,.. kitchen? It's gonna be messy. In the meantime, here is my contribution to the cookie pilgrimage.

Almond choc chip cookies

1/4 cup almond meal
1/4 cup + 1Tbs coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs
1 Tbs melted coconut oil
1 Tbs raw organic honey
1 Tbs coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 200 degres celsius and line tray with baking paper. Combine all wet ingredients in a bowl and whisk. Grate your coconut sugar and mix into the wet ingredients so the sugar starts to dissolve.

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl (excluding choc chips). Add the wet ingredients and mix to combine, then stir in choc chips. Take heaped tablespoons of mixture and roll into a ball. Place of tray and flatten. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.


Makes 10 cookies, approx 106 cal per cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment