Monday, March 7, 2011

Masquerade cake and pretty peacock feathers

 I couldn’t wait any longer to show you what I’ve been working on for the last week. Tah-Dah! It’s so puuuuurrrrtttttyyyy!  I was asked to make this cake for a masquerade themed 21st birthday party; however the birthday girl had no idea about it up until cake time. SURPRISE!

I’m really happy with how it turned out. I would have liked the colour to have been a bit more ‘teal’, but there were some serious last minute fondant issues which meant having to start over all again *sigh*. Full tutorial on how to design and make this beauty will be up next week. For now I’m off to RADelaide for work. Catch ya’ll on the flip side!

8 comments:

  1. That cake is a stunner! Wow Kim you did an awesome job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a great outcome! i love the colour too! good job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour is amazing. I'm sure the birthday girl was very pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy u made that cake?! skillssssss

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous cake, I love the bright blue!

    ReplyDelete