Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Can’t read my, can’t read my, my poker face.

It’s true. You can’t. That’s what thirteen years of drama classes will do. But that’s beside the point really. The point is, I made another cake this week, that has a poker face. Or poker table. Can you see the distinction, or am I stretching it just a little too far?

My boyfriend also has a lovely face. Poker face, that is. And to celebrate his face, and also his birthday, I made him this cake.


Chocolate mud cake with chocolate ganache, his favourite. The entire cake is edible, right down to the poker cards.


I presented my boyfriend with this cake, along with other presents, at a surprise lunch with all his friends and family. Luckily for me he had no idea what was going on until the last minute when I pulled into the driveway of his favourite pub. SURPRISE!


He was very excited to see everyone there and very grateful that I had organised such a fantastic event in his honour. Now, because of the shockingly large number of people who actually enjoy reading this blog, I will not humiliate him by telling you all exactly how thanked me. And no, it’s not what you’re thinking you dirty, dirty people. Let’s just say he will be getting a large invoice from my plastic surgeon. Love you baby. Happy birthday!

1 comment:

  1. tell them what i did... i know you want too.

    ReplyDelete